Old 10-29-2020, 03:49 AM
BonnieJP

Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
I have that exact machine and no dealer nearby. I now realize that it was a mistake. If a place is not an authorized dealer, Juki will not send them any parts to "ensure quality control" which means that you do have to have it repaired by a dealer. I had to ship mine 1300 miles. That adds a huge shipping cost plus additional time not being able to use it. While I was given information about the machine while I was first looking, there are always questions later on down the road. Furthermore, Juki is not known for its customer support. I like the machine, but I would never do it again.
I purchased a Juki Miyabi J-350QVP in January. Recently I was having trouble when the needle wouldn't stay in the up position when I used the side handwheel or needle up button to lift it. I phoned my dealer and he put in a call to Juki. The Juki service representative phoned me back within one hour. She told me how to fix the problem, stayed on the phone until I made sure the fix worked, then ended the call by giving me her direct phone number and email. She also gave me the email for their Service Dept. manager if I couldn't reach her. I would classify that as great service.