View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 05:27 AM
grammypatty7

I agree with the other replies I saw, go ahead and quilt it up but make a label with the approximate date you started it and when completed. The quilt in my avatar is THE VERY FIRST quilt I started. It was the ugliest thing on the planet so it sat in a cedar chest until our daughter got married and I needed it to store her wedding gown so took it out, took it apart and reconstructed it but in the beginning it was embroidered blocks alternating with plain white blocks so it was an easy one to redesign. With yours however, I would just leave it as is, sandwich, quilt it and be proud of all that you've learned from doing it and that's huge. It's a quilt that can be used to snuggle in on cold days. One quilt that I was not happy with turned out to be my granddaughter's favorite quilt to use when she visits Grammy. She just turned 17 yesterday and even last summer when they were here for their annual visit she again came to me and asked if she could use that quilt while she was here (it was in my bedroom where I put it over me to read while lying on the bed) and told me it's her favorite of all of my quilts. What a surprise that was. Her Mom has told me the same thing and it's one I almost didn't bother to finish. It's a patchwork biscuit quilt. Finish, enjoy, and be proud of it.

Originally Posted by 978gray
Five or six years ago, I bought the Sunny Days Quilt Blocks from Joanns. At that point in my life - had been sewing for years and wanted to start quilting.

I dutifully made each block and then dutifully assembled using the setting kit. I knew nothing of squaring blocks, etc.

I put the top away, because some of the blocks did not line up, and I sewed past the points. The worst is off 1/4". Of course it is in the center section.

So, am I being too critical of myself and should get over it and finish, or should I take apart and try to match up.

Below is the exmples of my "mistakes" where the blocks do not meet.

On the good side - I did learn a lot from making this quilt and it was the start of the quilts I now make.

Thanks for any advice!!