Old 11-11-2020, 09:14 AM
L'il Chickadee

Yes, I recently had trouble using a monofilament on my Bernina 830. I followed the tips on this website and it was some help but still very frustrating. https://www.generations-quilt-patter...rnina-820.html
Finally went back to my Bernina 430 and it worked just fine. My conclusion: sometimes it's just the machine. Never did figure out the problem with the Bernina 830.
As others have said; I also think poorly wound bobbins can be a common cause of stitching problems. Why? While participating in a quilt class a lady came in to the store and was quite upset that her machine wasn't stitching properly. She decided to walk into a class while in session, set her Singer down and relate her tale of woe. Being nosy and because she had paid to have the machine serviced the day before and things were now getting a bit tense, I asked to see the bobbin and noticed that it had stress cracks. It was a plastic bobbin. The bobbin was also wound a bit wobbly. On a whim, or maybe from years of sewing and subconsciously gained knowledge, I suggested she try a new bobbin. She changed to another bobbin and Voila!, the machine ran just fine.