View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 10:19 AM
CarolinePaj

Default UK Postage Costs

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
I posted mine out on Saturday - I hope the recipient likes what I have put together! I normally enjoy taking part in these and in monthly swaps and am happy to pay the postage from UK to USA. However, I had a nasty shock when I went this time (haven't played for about 6-8 weeks). The postal system has created a new 'world zone' just for the US- no one else is in it and the cost is almost double what I paid previously!! It is cheaper for me to send something to Australia or the outer reaches of Timbuktu than it is anywhere in America.

Unless I can source a cheaper method by one of the private courier companies this may be my last US swap
Hi RJL,

I agree... the Royal Mail have had three price hikes this year when we normally only have one... and they have, as you said in your post, created a whole new region just for the USA - unbelievable. But I look at it this way... I love taking part in these swaps, all the fun things in life are now banned in the UK... no cinema, dining out, going our for drinks, meeting friends, going to quilting groups etc. - so partaking of swaps is at the moment the most fun we have.... so I just pay! That said... when chatting to my daughter yesterday, we worked it out that it is cheaper to send a 2KG box of approx 35cm x 20cm x 10cm via DHL that the Royal Mail and it is insured for more and gets there in 2 - 3 days not two weeks... something you might look in to so you can still take part.

Hugs

Caroline

Terri, keep the swaps coming.... I love them!