Old 11-14-2020, 04:07 AM
Sandygirl

Originally Posted by SewEnchanted View Post
I have a SewEzi table that I bought during the pandemic. One aspect of its design that I really like is that it is completely coated with some type of smooth plastic material. It feels like it is lacquered, and this coating completely covers the substrate (which I believe is some kind of engineered wood) on the top, bottom and sides. Compared to the Arrow tables, which are have a particleboard top with a Formica-like work surface and a vinyl/plastic band finishing the edges but leaving the bottom unlaminated, I think that the SewEzi would do better in a very humid, salt water environment. Plus, the SewEzi coating feels like it has just the right amount of grip and slip to make sewing on it more efficient.
In my opinion, the SewEzi is a very good value for the money. I questioned it, too, when considering my purchase. But once a I got it home, I did not regret it at all. It is a much better than average table. And I have sewn on one of the Lifetime tables, too. If you want a non-wobbly, non-vibrating sewing tablets, the SewEzi wins hands down. On the Lifetime, if I really sewed at a clip, it often felt like the whole thing was getting ready to liftoff for an outer space voyage. The Lifetimes are great tables and mine served me well, but it is not a vibration-free experience.

thank you the great comparison! I have a 48” length Lifetime table now. I love it! My embroidery machine does not shake. It is height adjustable. I don’t sew at the highest speed so no issues with the vibrations. I covered it making it an ironing surface too. Love how reasonably lightweight It is. I am considering the Sew E Z but I don’t want to Pay $249 for it. I seriously doubt my machine dealer would negotiate on the price. Oh heck, I still might pull the trigger on Sew E z. Thank you!!