Old 12-04-2020, 06:18 AM
Iceblossom

Sewingsuz, it seems sort of strange that we don't just come out and tell you what you need, but Bonnie requests that while we should feel free to post our pictures and process, that we don't talk numbers. Not counts or sizes or just numbers in general.

Where it shows the pictures of the fabrics in her cabinets, it says what she is calling the color and the yardage required.

Last year I didn't print out the clues, this year I am. I keep a notebook for my quilting and have a Front Page where I am writing down the specific stuff I want to know, then I 3-hole punch the clue and put it in the notebook. I highlight/underline/circle important things on the print out. Last year I just kept my own notes which were fine during the project but as it is, I completed a second one and could have used them.

So far I've written down the yardage amounts and the color groups, and now for Clue one the actual number of sets of units I'm making and what size.

Today's clue has been published so I'm officially late with Week 1 but as she says it's not a race and as I say, the only real deadlines I have I've imposed on my self.

I really like her colors and am reconsidering my greens but what the heck, they work in theory... I actually feel it rather freeing to just let go and blame her/the mystery aspect if my choices don't work out

As I work with my colors, my Gold is really Butterscotch more than yellow, and I think some of my fabrics would be quite happy as orange for the rest of you.

https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...-part-two.html