Old 12-04-2020, 10:25 AM
Iceblossom

Speaking of backs, I'm all crunkled but I'm taking a coffee break and posting a process picture of my representative HST.

All have been paired up, most have been sewn, some have been trimmed. I did cut large this round as I was not feeling confident about changing my usual open seams and side seams, but it is working just fine even pressing to the side.

I did want to take a moment to get some feedback on the side seams/quilting the way most of you have been taught. Part of the way I quilt is with "modern" strip piecing techniques where I'm periodically cutting through stitches and then typically I open press my seams and so I use some pretty tiny stitches. My Bernina defaults to "2.5", I think most people bring it down to 2-2.25, but with my thread combination I'm using (Aurifil on top/So Fine on bottom), I'm happy around 1.85 (I use a size 10 needle as well).

With my vision issues, I'm thinking I'm going to have a terrible time taking out a stitch or two to swirl 4-patch seams or stuff like that -- do you think I should go up to 2?
Attached Thumbnails 100_5929.jpg