View Single Post
Old 12-07-2020, 07:29 AM
Sewsation

It looks like I am talking to myself, but in case someone else is looking for a new needle clamp for a Bernette in this series, or one of the listed Brother or Babylock machines, and they do not wish to pay $40-$50, Sewing Parts Online does list these parts for less and the public may purchase there, (thanks Mindless for the idea, and my Bernina technician for the assembly number).

Everything but the needle guide can be purchased as one assembly (to be assembled) regularly for $22.99, now only $19.99, and the needle guide for regularly $4.99, now only $3.99. I actually got an additional discount. I ordered other things, too, and my shipping was free. This is what I ordered at Sewing Parts Online for the Bernette 75 and what I paid with the discount:

Needle Clamp Assembly, Brother Item # XZ0001051AS $16.99
Thread Guide, Brother Item # XZ0005050 $3.39

So $20.38 seemed like a very good deal! By the way, this needle clamp comes with a ridged thumb screw which is consistent with the Bernette original. The individual parts of the needle clamp may be purchased separately at Sewing Parts Online, too.

I did try to find a machine for salvaging parts, but no luck there. My Bernina tech did not have the parts in his boneyard, either. So I am very happy to have found these parts, new!

Sewsation