Old 12-16-2020, 02:47 PM
CaleyH

Since I received some guidance from member "mindless", I've been busy making a support setup to hold my quilts when quilting them. I used 1 1/4 PVC pipe to create the support over the table. I added four 1/4 inch eyebolts so that they could hold anything I throw at them. Also added those monster clips. I had those, and lots more out in the shed. I also repurposed the LED shop lights that never get used in the shop, but will get plenty of use at the quilting table.

I'm not sure just how much this support setup will accomplish with my current machine, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960. But it should be more helpful for whenever I receive my Baby Lock Jazz 2 machine. I think this support setup would be more useful if the machine needle end is facing me. That way I can have most of the quilt rolled into the back of the machine, and just move things sideways one way or the other. The big clamps should hold even a rolled quilt.

I am using over long rope, so that I can adjust the height of clamps, which probably need to be higher at the ends of the table, with the two clamps in the middle probably being just above table height. I'll have to experiment to see just how to set this up so that the quilt can move smoothly..

I did test things, and it all moves very nicely, especially with the use of the Teflon sheeting I added to my table surface.
Attached Thumbnails quilting-setup-small.jpg