View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 07:27 AM
travelinggramma

Christmas was beautiful – we had carried my mom out and sat her up on the couch. She ws coherent and all smiles. She enjoyed her coffee and a few bites of food, she loved that the 6yo read the bible she gave her – and that she had memorized the Lords Prayer. That night we four generations were around her saying it together. At about 4am on the 26th curled up in her favorite quilt I made her, she went to be with her parents and her still-born son. Oh what a joyous reunion that must have been.
DD and family stayed another week and we laughed and cried and continued on. We got to enjoy our New Years Thanksgiving Dinner since we don’t see each other in November. Still have turkey to freeze!
And now it is a new year. We certainly can’t plan much – a few trips to NY to empty mom’s house and sell it – and to hopefully have a memorial service for her – but that is about it. Of course don’t feel like doing anything – and that includes sewing.
I went and took antibody test and found out I did have Covid which means mom and DH did also, and we are awaiting DH covid test. If he is negative we will head to Quartzite for a few weeks to camp out in the desert with friends and “RV family”.
Note – DD family was sick last February and believe they had covid then. None are ill from being with all of us so we are praising God! I don’t know what I would have done without their help preparing meals and carrying mom! God is good!
Happy New Year!?!