View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 06:00 AM
mengler

Originally Posted by Ellietow View Post
My sister’s granddaughter wants to learn to sew... any recommendations for a machine an 8 year old can “grow into”? Thanks.
I did the same for my 8 yo GD years ago. I got her a used beautiful Elena with 16 built in stitches for $30. A woman on Craigslist got a new machine. It sewed perfectly. I would go that route because you don’t know how she’ll take to it and you want her to have a smooth working machine that she’ll enjoy not fight with. That’ll keep the price under a hundred. If you’re not comfortable with Craigslist the local dealers of all brands have trade ins they’re selling. I’d look at babylock, brother and Janome. Maybe Viking. If you go new babylock brother and Janome all have A line basic machines. Lastly check https://groups.io/g/SewItsForSale. It’s easy and free to join. I’ve bought and sold machines and accessories on this site. This is an “eBay” for and by sewists. Much better than eBay. They all take care of their stuff and are honest. Whew maybe TMI. Good luck. PM me if I can be of any help.