View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 05:09 AM
Quiltah Mama

What a great read this thread is.
I grabbed my coffee this AM and headed to my studio
Grabbed my phone on the way. Planned a manicure this AM, and to read the board while my nails are under the light.
I too can so relate to so much being said here. I have said before, I don't really have many UFO's, and that is still true, but..... I force myself to finish a project before starting another one...... Usually. Well, last winter I made several tops with the intentions of putting them on my mid arm this summer, which never happened.🤪 So now I have a "small" tote with UFO'S in it, and here we are half way through January.... I have been very busy sewing and making items for my craft space, which I was barely able to keep up with, which makes me happy but did invoke anxiety in me. Now that Christmas is past, that will slow down, so time to get to the mid arm. But wait, got to get projects ready for next summer for the craft space. So here I go down the rabbit hole to UFOville.

Joe'smom, totally agree with you. Quilting a quilt on a domestic machine is very much physically had work, hence one of the many reasons why I purchased the mid arm. I just finished a full size commissioned quilt, and quilted it on my domestic machine because the backing was fleece, and it is to stretchy for me to look at on a mid arm and come out good. And it would not have fit on my 60" rollers. And my shoulders paid.

Dorismae and Conchalea, your both lucky. We all need friends and or daughters like you two. You both are lucky to have them in your lives.

Quiltwoman44, your a genius. Love that idea......🤔

So as I sit here reading through the thread surrounded by quilting projects doing my nails, and the UFO's tucked happily in their "small" bin, I can't help but think about the patriotic fabric I saw at Hobby Lobby just a few days ago Oh wait, squirrel 🐿️.
img_20210109_070323818.jpg

Last edited by Quiltah Mama; 01-09-2021 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Fix wording