Old 01-09-2021, 06:09 AM
Quiltylikeafox

Sorry I haven't been hanging around - apparently taking on 2 mystery quilts, over the holidays, while working full time and raising a 4- month old was a bit more of a challenge than I was expecting! My hand dyed version is further along, all I have left are 1/3 of the flying geese, 1/3 of the sashing blocks (made non-scrappy) and about 1/5 of the clue 4&5 units to trim. Those things gave me such a headache and really impeded my process. Needless to say, I will have very few sharp points, but we're going to call it a variation and move on.

As to my Bonnie colorway, Clue 3 is as far as I've gotten. 😞

Originally Posted by leheath8 View Post
For those that used yardage and didn't string the clue 6 units, are you just using the same gray (or whatever color you used for Bonnie's gray) for the border? Or something different? I don't have a stash for strips, but could go buy a different piece of yardage for the border...
@leheath8 I had this same question yesterday. Luckily, on NYE, I found this curved stripe at Joanns and bought the rest of the bolt (just under 3 yards). I was originally thinking of using it in the backing, but I think it will make the perfect long border now. I'm planning on cutting it on the LOF to get more movement and avoid having to piece it.
Attached Thumbnails img_20210109_001556_996.jpg