View Single Post
Old 01-09-2021, 09:54 AM
tropit

Default Everything Avocado!

I've been seeing so many interesting ways to use avos lately. Here are just a couple. Please add to it.

- Avocado and banana spread. Just smash/blend an avo and a ripe banana together and use as a dessert topping. This is sort of sweet and very nice tasting. I might add a little bit of sweetener to it to intensify the sweetness. I put mine in a yogurt and berry parfait. It might be good for a cupcake topping. It does go brown fast, so make it at the last minute.

- Fried Avocado Wedges. I haven't tried this one yet, but it is tempting. I just look at fried food and gain 5 pounds, so maybe as a special treat...after I lose a few. Cut an avo into 8 wedges, dredge in vegan buttermilk and then in a bowl of Panko, salt and pepper. Fry in a deep pot of oil, 350 f, for about 30 - 60 seconds. Remove and drain. *This is from VegNews, Winter 2021.

- Avocado Pasta. I've posted this before but it's on topic so I'll mention it again. Cook your favorite pasta, drain and while hot, squish a ripe avocado into the pasta. Toss, maybe add some s&p, garlic, parsley, or a bit of olive oil. Prettttty good!

Avocado is a very healthy replacement for ingredients like butter, cheese, trans fats, etc. Well...I don't know about fried avos, but in most cases anyway.