Old 01-10-2021, 03:23 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I made my first quilt when my daughter was 2 (1978) without knowing what I was doing at all. I drew on muslin squares the alphabet and pictures to depict each letter, hand embroidered them then sewed them together with some ( horrible polyester blend blue fabric- because it’s what I had) she Loved that quilt. I sewed everything- made my own clothes, my children’s clothes, made toys, made an occasional quilt when someone was having a baby. Years went by.
I had a friend who had been quilting for years who kept telling me....you should do this....I would go to the library, pull out a quilting book, browse through it, see something that appealed to me- look at the instructions which would start with something like ( cut 800 2” squares) I would put that book back and next time I saw her would say....not in this lifetime
then one day I was on the internet, and happened to land on this quilt shop in Arizona that had a picture of the most beautiful quilt I’d ever seen- I clicked on it and it was something called a BOM. I read about that- thought, now that I could do...and signed up- first block came, I put it together- it was Beautiful- I was excited. I took it to my friend and showed her- she just smiled- said, I told you . Waiting a month for another block was torture. I found a little local quilt shop, visited, signed up for a class- then went crazy
it took me over 10 years to finish that first BOM- boy, I loved the fabrics in that quilt.