Old 01-24-2021, 09:40 AM
Jordan

When I moved to a new town I thought if I joined a guild this would be a way to know new people with the same interests as I had. That didn't work out so well. All the tables had certain people that had known each other for some time and no one ever ask me to join in with conversation. I sat by myself and soon left. For some reason I went back the next meeting and the same circles of people had their own table and people they wanted at their table. Not a comfortable situation. Never went back. As time went on my daughter introduced me to a lady from her church that was a quilter and she invited me to her house and the rest is history. She is a dear friend and our husbands are golfers and we all became very dear friends. We go out to eat together and play cards every week together. She knew a couple of other very nice ladies and we started our own little group of ladies and they are all so nice. We meet in my house usually once a week and have such a good time. So that is my story about joining a quilt guild-it just wasn't for me but I am very happy to have wonderful quilting friends nowl.