View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 07:25 AM
Macybaby

While my industrial juki has a light attached, it's not enough so I have an adjustable arm lamp hooked to the back of my table and use that. I pull it so it is shining down on the head side of the needle, not the arm side (like most lights do). I also attached the LED string lights under the arm, but I keep forgetting to turn them on so I guess I must not really need them.

Most of my industrial experience we before servo motors were available, Industrial machines that go fast don't impress me (it's expected) , but one that can also so slow does! I have the servo motor and have it turned way down as I use mine for piecing. I can sew very slowly if needed, it still sews plenty fast even turned down. And if I ever needed more speed, it's simple to turn the dial up and have it. I have a knee lift for the presser foot so that is never a problem. I've found that if I put just a hair pressure on the pedal it's really easy to turn the flywheel to advance the needle. My machine has no electronics so there is no needle up/down and I've found it's not causing me problems not to have it.