View Single Post
Old 02-12-2021, 10:47 AM
mindless

Originally Posted by tropit View Post
My machine arrived last night. Yay!

As usual, FedEx dropped it off at the gate, by the roadside, in the early afternoon, with no announcement it was there. Anyone could have picked it up and gone off with it. FedEx had also changed our address to the next town over from us. They keep insisting that we live somewhere else than we do. They've even told us many times that no one lives here, at our address, even though we have been here for almost 10 years. It was pouring rain and there were no plastic bags over anything. I'm really getting fed up with them, but what can you do? The vendors love them. Sorry for the vent.

My DH found it and brought it in in the evening and immediately unpacked it because the boxes were soaking wet. The insides seemed dry so I think that everything's OK. I'm going to start putting it together today. Hopefully, I can start practicing with it this weekend. I'll take some pix when it's assembled. I"m getting lots of good info fro all of you...thanks so much!
No one lives at this address, and it never rains in California.
Can't wait to hear what you think of it.
And....is it as heavy as I think it is? Mine was very heavy....hard to move around. I liked moving things around whenever something new came into the sewing room....before I hung 4 foot tube-style work lights from the ceiling...