Old 03-04-2021, 12:45 PM
Sewsation

Default Kenmore 1802 sews only in reverse with cams

OurWorkbench and JoeJr, thank you for your helpful replies. I watched the related video at the recommended link and followed the instructions for cleaning and oiling in that tight area. That special part moved before, but I think it moves better now.

I adjusted the upper and lower tensions, but did not extensively clean the upper tension. Afterward, with some setting adjustments, all of the forward stitches I tested worked, including the cam forward stitches. The tension issue appeared corrected.

The straight, simple zigzag and blind hem stitches seemed perfect, but the satin, smocking and forward cam stitches did not seem completely uniform. Please see what you think. I will try to attach a photo or two. The cam stitches are on the far right.

When I wound a bobbin a couple of days ago, even though the clutch wheel was disengaged, the needle bar moved into the down position when I first began and then stopped there for the remainder of winding the bobbin. Today, winding a bobbin with the clutch wheel disengaged, the needle bar moved continuously up and down the entire time I wound the bobbin.

It sounds like this took me twenty minutes, but I have been fiddling with this machine for hours today!
Attached Thumbnails 10d6f336-05b0-4d95-8324-2b5c593ce432.jpeg