View Single Post
Old 03-05-2021, 08:23 AM
craftiladi

Fizzle...its very hard when you have so much staring back at you when you look at it as a whole. Break it down to small groups. All sewing tools together, all rulers together, all books together , all thread etc. Your fabric & UFO & currents project are the hardest to organize. You have to be a little tough on yourself & face reality. As in are you really going to make the satin wedding dress? lol just a example but that's what I am talking about. Our tastes change so we end up with STUFF. Once you clean out it will be a little easier. Now decide how you are going to store your fabric, this is where a second room might come in handy-so you could use the closet but if that isn't a option look around and see what other piece of furniture you might have or can p/u fairly cheap. The fabric is the biggest chore , Once that's done it's time to figure how you flow when working on a project. I like to think of stations..I have desk w/ machine and everything in my desk I would need notion wise so I am not hunting down items I need & getting off track rom my project I am working on. I have a tower plastic container for all my thread & its labeled according to what kind of thread& that' close by my desk. It might take a few months of working on actual projects to figure out what works best but at least you will be organized & hopefully just have to tweet a few things. Hope this helps. I hope I didn't totally confuse you.