View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 01:12 AM
Fizigig

Default New To Me Singer 201

My family surprised me with yet another machine in September. I knew nothing about it so joined a bunch of groups on facebook. I knew it needed a new power cord so ordered a new cord and thumb screw. A mishap with the post office meant I had 6 weeks to research and learn more about this new treasure. She came from the local thrift store and all they knew was that the person that donated it said she bought it brand new and it worked because she used it all the time.
I got a Singer 201-2 in a blonde #65 cabinet. She took amazing care of it. The drawers were full of stuff. I got the manual, the buttonholer, original needles, various feet, the original grease and oil and the spindles in the 2nd drawer was full of bobbins she had spun. It even had the original lightbulb, I switched it to an led bulb because my gosh that thing got hot.
She is now my main machine, I use it for all my sewing. I am officially hooked on vintage machines. To think my family only paid $35 for this gem. I love this machine and use it for all my sewing now.