View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 05:09 AM
sewingpup

Default computerized machine successful update

I am happy, I finally go my Bernina 570 QE updated. Last year I bought it and it keep randomly creating a bird's nest in the bobbin area, a big one. I had it into the shop a couple of times. Each time they said they fixed it. The last time I had brought it in, I already had put my old Viking D1 in my cabinet (yes, the one that just froze) so I just keep on using that machine until a few days ago. So I decide to get that Bernina out and see if it works. I also had checked the web for issues with this Bernina and found ....ta da...that an update to the firmware had been done last May. Umm...I think I got the Bernina back in April. One if the issues that the update fixed was that apparently, this model had not closed the tension discs properly when restarting until a few stitches had been taken. I think this would have had the same affect as not lowering your foot or not holding unto the threads when first starting up. So I needed to install the update that fixed this bug in the computer programing. Oh my, I have lost my computer skills since I retired. I got out new thumb drives to transfer the update from the computer to my machine. What a process. Finally called a computer friend of mine with high end embroidery machines. Through the use of "face time" we got the update installed. Oh my, I should take some computer classes for these high end machines.