View Single Post
Old 03-23-2021, 03:59 PM
samaralily

Default Any Advice/Info about a Pfaff 7530?

Good evening fellow sewers. I am a long-time lurker, new member and I just agreed to buy at Pfaff 7530 from Craig's List for $325. I thought that this would be the place to come for advice/warnings. I have had a Viking Designer 1 and then SE for many years, and just bought a Babylock embroidery machine. I have never lost the lust for a Bernina with BSR and dual feed, but I am fresh out of money from the Babylock - lol! After I found out that you still need a walking foot for the newer Berninas with dual feed, I thought, why not go to the original dual feed and try a Pfaff and maybe just rent the Quitling machine with BSR at my LQS on the few occasions that I need that? Soooo, I found this Pfaff 7530 for sale on Craig's list. It has the Creative Designer pad thingy with it, but I don't know what it is and/or if I will ever need that. I'm also confused because I thought the embroidery machine was the 7570 model?

To the point, I am happy to accept any advice or suggestions about this machine. Is this a terrible idea? I know it's a risk given it's age and computer problems, etc. but it seemed like it might be worth the risk for that price?

Thank you to all of you quilting goddesses and gods in advance for sharing your knowledge!! :-)