Old 03-26-2021, 09:03 AM
jomfcampbell

Default elp me out? how to sandwich and baste this

Hi all, I posted previously that I didnt know what to do about my first cotton-pieced work and I have now come up with a tablerunner with points on the ends! I did a pieced back with fleece fabric with a border, too! I plan to use medium weight batting so that it can be used to hold hot items as well. I cant seem to put pictures up right now.

However, how do I baste all 3 layers so that it all lines up, including the pointed ends or do those separately, or do them first? I want to quilt it. My concern is that if Im off by even 1/4 inch when I am basting and secure stitching, it will be wonky and the points wont match up on the ends. I'm so nervous! Can I use fusable interface to help it stay put if Im going to use it for hot things as well? or should I stick with pins? Should I secure stitch the pointed ends first so they dont wander? I havent put the back all together yet in case I need to readjust with the plan. Its too bulky to turn rightside out and I want to use binding.

Im asking because I need some ideas; I went online and coulndt find anything about tablerunners that are pieced on both sides that had nonsquare edges, all had just plain backings.