Old 03-04-2010, 04:44 PM
omak

I have no problem giving my quilts away because most of the time, I made them to be given away, anyway!
I don't even care about the response, though I am pleased when I find out the recipient was very happy ... mostly because DH taught me to do what I wanted for the reason I wanted regardless of the response ...
having said all of that, I have had one quilt that I was happy to see it go out the door, and then MISSED it!
It had been a wonderful quilt in the fact that when I bought the panels and fabric line from a friend back home, there were no patterns to follow so I had to figure out how to put it all together into something ... and, it HAPPENED! When I got the final binding on, it actually looked like I had known what I was doing all along ... that was a blessing ... and, then it got sold and I was LOST! LOL
I hadn't counted on missing that quilt so much, but I went back and bought the original package again, and - - it is STILL sitting in the box it came from the store in ... I had figured I would never use the quilt, but would make it for granddaughter #1 and I would never have to miss it again! ... silly people we are <g> <wave>