Old 04-08-2021, 05:15 AM
Sephie

Originally Posted by platyhiker View Post
I don't have a June Tailor because I heard about how thin and brittle it was here on the board but also the reviews often say the same thing. I do have a Creative Grids Stripology and absolutely love it. It's grippy like all CG rulers are so it never slips, it's thick but still somewhat flexible (store flat, not on its side) and best of all - it's fast. I can cut a jelly roll in under an hour including the initial pressing of the fabric.

CG Stripology also is slotted every 1/2in and has instructions and a handy chart for 1/4in cuts so you don't have to math for common sizes. I reach for this ruler as often as I can because not only is it accurate and fast, it's fun to use!

Honestly, looking at the QuiltCut that Platyhiker suggested, I may have gone with that if I had known when I first purchased this one. CG is just slightly too short to make it foolproof but I have found if I fold accurately so the fold lines up with the selvage, then line up the bottom fold of my fabric with the top of the #2 line, I don't have a problem with not being able to cut completely through the strips.
Attached Thumbnails stripology-cutting.jpg