Thread: Bunk bed quilts
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 09:10 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

[QUOTE=lindaschipper;8475058.................I simply need to know a size to make like 60 x 80 or what? I've never done bunk beds before.[/QUOTE]

The answer is before you ... simply ask the mother/father for their recommended measurements for a new quilt. I am pretty sure that bunk beds are not one size only, so best to get the accurate information. That way they have the option to say, oh we do not want a quilt or WHY. And might even tell you why the other quilts are shelved.

You mentioned your unused quilts were oversized, which while they may "fit" in your mind, they may be too cumbersome to work with in a bunk bed situation. Plus for the upper bed, it might drape down way too far for the comfort of the child in the lower bed. Another factor to consider is the batting.

You mentioned the girls are too young to choose their quilt designs, for sure, they are old enough to let you know their colours (pretty definite there with the purple room!!!). But also you could find out what their preferences are, such as princesses, a specific disney character, flowers, animals etc.

Good Luck!

Last edited by QuiltE; 04-11-2021 at 09:15 AM.