View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 03:23 AM
Julienm1

I started quilting for Project Linus a couple months ago. My coordinator requested sizes 40x50, 42x54 or 50x60. No baby or toddler quilts. No squares. Think...rectangles fit better on a bed. My first donation of 13 quilts went to Ronald McDonald house.

I was sewing using fabric I like. That's why my stash may be lop sided when it comes to color choices. It was hard for me to sew for boys since my stashed was more girl friendly but eventually realized I was able to adjust fabric selection and quilts are now more boy friendly.

I told my coordinator about my struggle with boy quilts and she suggested panels. Sew a boarder and done. I now have 8 panel, boy friendly quilts ready to give to her but the boarders I made were not just strips.

Fabric sets the mood for the quilt, any quilt. Sew a pattern you like. I now look at patterns or pic on Pintrest and see how complicated it is. I want a quilt done ASAP...lol My focus right now is for boys and will toss in a girly quilt to work on every once in a while. It's harder for me to quilt 50x60 on my dsm, but I struggle with it and when done I reward myself.

I'm making quilts that make me smile. I bought several PPE face mask panels, cut the masks apart, fun fab for sashing. Two of these are really boyish but wouldn't be surprised it a teen girl grabbed one. A couple are gender neutral.

I just wish our state was open. It would be fun to sew with quilters.

I just wanted to share my opinions on charity quilting. OH, Pat Sloan has link on her web site for charity quilting. Some of these organizations will take tops to finish.