Old 04-19-2021, 12:23 PM
KatherineC

Smile Thank you all for the information and help.

My friend is checking with her daughter to see if she knows if a permanent marker was used for the signing. If that is the case I assume the shirt will go in the quilt.

Aashley333 put out a good question - yes, this type of quilt is a lot of work and this is my friend's first quilt because her daughter requested it and I encouraged her to do it because I find them to be hard fun with a lot of satisfaction in the end. So, does this shirt really need to be included and if it is very special, why not just leave it out and have it framed as Iceblossom suggested? (Cost may be a prohibitive factor though.)

I don't live near my friend so I don't know what services she has available in her area, but I live in almost the middle of nowhere. The biggest news around here in the last few years was a new blinking light on the main road.

I have purchased quilt fabric - from Spoonflower - wrestlers - for a quilt for a grandson - and as far as I know it has held up well. They are excellent if you want something special and unique.

I'm going to suggest to my friend that she leave it out and use some of her beautiful fabrics to make a replacement block. As long as her daughter permits. I'm sure some of you know how that goes.