View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 08:28 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

The options you have - as I see them from here:

1) Finish it - but then you have more resources - material, time, etc. - tied up in it. Then after you fish it - then what?
The workmanship on your tulip quilt is great. But - - - - if you don't like it, why spend any more "anything" on it?
(If - after you've tried a bite of some new food that you hate - even if it was expensive - do you feel compelled to finish it?)

2) Don't finish it - fold it up and put it away for a "while" longer.

3) Donate it - If I had a guild near me that had people that finish things - I would include "compatible fabrics" for borders and binding if I had them - and send it on it's way.

4) Sell it. You might find a buyer. If not - then options one to three are still available.

5) Discard it - but I only do that with complete disasters.

I come from a family (and era) where it was almost a cardinal sin to discard anything that still had some use left.
So - it is a challenge for me to "just donate" or "discard" - so that would be a challenge for me.

On the other hand, if someone saw it and fell in love with it - as is - I would give them the top and borders - and maybe even backing and batting - to them - so they could finish it!