View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 06:06 AM
Heathermom2opmc

Default Ever been given a started quilt top?

I got some large fabric "scraps" from a person that had been making masks. I am in the middle of making several crayon themed quilt tops for teachers (the pattern is Color Me by Emily Herrick), so it uses scraps in color families. Anyway, when I got the fabric from the person, she also gave me about a 1/3 completed quilt top made from 5 inch blocks. It appears that the pattern was for a child/teen based on the color, very basic squares sewn together in bright colors. I double checked that she intended to give me this piece and she said yes and that was it. No other info was offered and I didn't ask anything more bc I could tell that was the end of the conversation. So what do I do with it? I might be able to find some fabric that matches but I am not sure even how old this is. I suppose I could take it apart and use the 5 inch blocks into something else, I guess I could try to re-cut it in some way to make a small wall hanging. Just not sure what to do with it. Anyone ever been given a piece that was started like this?