View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 05:42 AM
TequilaandQuilts

Update: After a misfire on purchasing a used machine (FedEx DESTROYED a perfectly good Juki TL 98e), I am up and quilting on my Cutie Frame with a new Juki TL 2010q. The hardest part is getting to know my new machine “Wilma”. Now that Wilma and I are on speaking terms, I am glad I did not purchase a stitch regulator and only got a speed control. Uneven stitches really aren’t happening. The biggest problems I had were needles breaking from trying to go too fast (and improperly installing, I think) and nesting from forgetting to put the foot down. Now that I am no longer breaking needles and have a taped sticky note that says “Put the foot down!” I’m having fun. The quilt I’m working on is a king size and I regard this as a project where I get to know the process and the equipment. I’ve had fun emailing pictures to my quilting friends calling myself a Dorky Doodler for figuring out I can use the machine to write names in cursive. When I start working on my twin size quilts for Project Linus, I intend to use my Gracie Laser with some simple Pantographs or maybe buy the Pattern Perfect Set. Debating on which will be the best way to go.