View Single Post
Old 05-13-2021, 10:25 AM
rryder

Default May Finish!

Hey all, I have a UFO finish for May. It's an old quilt, one that I made in 2016 and had used Elmers school glue to hold binding in place. I washed it to get the school glue out and didn't like the way it crinkled up in places due to not enough quilting. So I decided I was going to un quilt it (it was lightly quilted so probably not difficult), take it apart and add new batting etc...... it has sat on the UFO pile for 5 years while I dithered about it. Yesterday I decided to just add more quilting instead of un quilting, re-batting, etc. Today I finished quilting it. It looks a lot better and while I'm not as happy with it as I was before it was washed, I can live with it now and it doesn't look saggy. It is officially off the UFO pile and I've hung it over the mantle in our tv room as a reminder that sometimes a simple solution is just fine. I don't have a picture with the additional quilting, but Here's a picture of it from 2016 before it was washed. After washing the colored panels all were saggy as was the middle sashing, those are the areas that I went back in and added more quilting using thread that blends in and doesn't show. Anyway. It's done and I can't believe I let it sit for so long in the UFO pile.

Rob

Attached Thumbnails img_0814.jpg