View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 11:18 AM
Panchita

Hi all, thank you Heather for hosting again

I'll be here for at least some of the weekend. My main focus is stitching down part of 9 appliqued reindeer heads (pieces are already fused). Hubby thinks it's hilarious that I'm working on a Christmas quilt in May, but I'm figuring maybe this way I actually get it done before Christmas?...

If I manage to get all of those done (unlikely), or get frustrated, then I'm hoping to work on a long dormant UFO: Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. I've done 52 of the 140 blocks over the course of about a decade (and some of the completed blocks are definitely going to need re-doing - but not yet. I'm focussing on the not-yet-attempted ones for now). So I'm poking at that and seeing what happens. I have discovered that a lot of the blocks seem to use foundation piecing (not my preferred method at the best of times) in situations I would (in my ignorance?) have thought unnecessary. And the instructions for said foundation piecing are un-numbered. So I will need to do some investigating about how to approach this.

I look forward to seeing and hearing about everyone else's projects.

cjsews - I'd leave it as it is, as I think it looks gorgeous

Happy Quilting!