View Single Post
Old 06-03-2021, 04:19 PM
lizzie3

Default What do kids like in quilts?

I told a friend she was next in line for a quilt and when I called her to chat about her taste she asked that I quilt her sons a quilt each. They are 2 and 4 and the 4yo favourite colour is red and the 2yo doesn't have a favourite colour. She said they both love dinosaurs a lot so we'd like a dino theme for each.

I don't have kids nor do I have friends with kids. Are kids happy with a quilt block if it's in favourite colours? Bright colours? Or do they want lots of novelty fabric with dinosaurs? Applique a must?

I don't have dinosaur fabric and was hoping to use stash but totally willing to buy novelty fabric if it makes the quilt that much more appealing to a kid. She asked for one for their bed so I assume she would like them to use it.

I'm learning applique so willing to try some dinos but I really don't want to overwhelm myself and then it end up a ufo. I saw a quilt that had a basic block and then a row of fabric near the bottom with applique dragons. I was thinking something like that but dinos? Would that be appealing enough? Could I add dino borders? Let me know/see what you made you kids/grandkids if they loved the quilt!