View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 09:41 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I loaded up my next quilt to be quilted- it is only 57” x 76” so I didn’t want to use one of my queen battings for it so I started pulling out left over pieces and pieced a batting for it from scraps. I Just butt the edges together and use a wide zigzag- you can never tell once it’s all quilted. Sometimes I’m just too lazy but I only have 4 packaged battings left and don’t want to waste them on small quilts when I have totes of scraps- pieces cut away after quilting. I also ( although behind) pulled stash fabric to make my next National Quilt Museum BOM block, it’s a quilt as you go project so I’m using smaller pieces of scrap batting for it too. I don’t feel as if My stacks of ufos and projects are diminishing much but I keep trudging along, using what I have and doing what I can.I’m still spread a little thin but I do feel better when I put forth the effort to work on something- even if only for half an hour. I have been enjoying the ( challenge) to find pieces on the shelves- some quite old and making use of them in current projects. I really need to spend a few days just sewing scraps though- the basket is overflowing again.