Old 06-14-2021, 08:01 AM
Railroadersbrat

Kind of eerie that this subject showed up at this time, my fiancé has the very first quilt he and his mother ever made together that was sadly burned when it was placed on one of those radiator looking space heaters. The damage is minimal, she used a very thin piece of foam for the batting and the backing is fine. Honestly, there's not even any char on it, it looks like the threads separated and I'm hoping it'll be an easy fix. I'll have to be careful with it, but I'd like to do it so I have at least some basic quilt fixes in my 'quilting toolbox'. I knew his mother, she was such a funny, dedicated woman and it broke my heart to see the damage, so it's sentimental for both of us.

If anyone were to ask me, I'd have to look at it closely first. Chances are high that I would probably say no and to find a quilter with more experience in fixing a quilt. Doing the fiancé's quilt is one thing, doing one for someone else is another animal altogether. I'm just too terrified of getting ahold of a quilt thinking I can fix it, only to find out as I'm working on it that I'm way over my head.