View Single Post
Old 06-27-2021, 05:27 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Yesterday I decided to do a quick trash collection trip around my studio- it morphed into a trip around all the other rooms in my house and also the backyard. By the time I was done I had a trash bag full of stuff that was filling drawers, shelves, and the broken plastic flowerpot graveyard in my backyard. Sheesh! I ended up with a couple of empty drawers in my studio that I promptly refilled with things that I actually use, which cleared space on the floor.

tip of the day- instead of tackling a large decluttering job all at once, try rounding up the trash and removing it as a first step. Give yourself the option of expanding your idea of what is trash. for example, I am notorious for keeping broken things because I might be able to either fix them Or reuse some of the parts in an art project someday- well guess how long some of that stuff has hung around cluttering up my studio without being fixed or repurposed??????? Yesterday I realized a lot of it was trash. 🤔

Rob
That's so true. I do that too. Once I get the trash bags out, everything is fair game. It's getting started that's the hardest part. I also get an empty box out for the Goodwill out and another one for things that I can sell on Ebay. This kind of cleaning used to be so easy for me, but now it's somewhat emotional and physically tiring. Hence, I've been seriously procrastinating. Getting old sucks.