View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 05:51 AM
rryder

I upgraded to the new table last month and am very happy that I did so. I quilt a lot of large quilts and use rulers combined with freehand work and really got tired of moving the puck constantly to keep it from getting in the way of my rulers or getting too close to the edge of the table, etc. For me, upgrading to the Insight table was money well spent.

I never used the precision setting on the True stitch version because it never worked well with my Sweet Sixteen and I prefer Cruise. I was in the middle of stitching a large quilt using both rulers and freehand work when my new Insight table arrived, so I set it up immediately and finished the quilt on it. I can tell you that the difference between trying to get that quilt finished using the old true stitch puck and the Insight table was huge. I found it to be much easier to manage the bulk of the quilt and get good consistent results on the new table, not to mention that it was way more relaxing to just be able to quilt without having to remember to keep track of where the puck was.

Since then, I’ve also made two small whole cloth quilts using rulers. They are both small enough that if I’d been using the old system with the puck I would have needed to reposition the puck every time I changed the angle of my rulers to avoid having it interfere with ruler placement. It was a joy to be able to just quilt those two quilts without having to stop every couple of seconds to move the puck around.

For me, the only downsides to the new table are that it is a bit of a pain to put together because it takes time to get the machine leveled up. Also, the old style extensions do not work with the new table, so if you want extensions, you will have to buy the ones that are made for the Insight table.

I’m glad I upgraded and consider it to be money well spent. Your experience may be different.

Rob