Thread: Guild Programs
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 10:03 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Our guild did zoom starting about May of 2020 and continue to zoom most meetings even though we did start back in-person this past May. We have found that a number of our members want to continue zoom as they would not otherwise be able to attend due to work, family, health issues. And our 2 zoom workshops both got rave reviews---both with instructors that we could have never paid to travel to teach, the members (I only did one due to obligations) found sitting in own sewing room with all their tools right there, to learn something news was great. Both instructors did an overview, then taught using videos a specific portion of the project and then we muted our computers and worked on that segment, etc. Because we intend to continue the added zoom access, we will teach a segment in our beginner classes in Oct on how to access Zoom, ask questions, mute, etc.
Programs--we've used a survey of members to see what they are interested in and also what they may be comfortable presenting. They do get paid, but at a lessor amount, which helps the guild have more expensive presenters, too.
I personally get tired of trunk shows, I'd rather learn a skill or information. My favorite programs have been on fabric design, differences in batting, how to prep a quilt for the long arm quilter, binding techniques, how to make a t-shirt quilt, ergonomics of sewing, tips on cutting, etc.