Old 07-07-2021, 06:32 AM
kristijoy

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Kristijoy, packages are taking three and four days. Maybe send on Friday or Saturday. There’s a better chance it will arrive mid-week. Thanks!
Great! Friday is perfect! I have a trip to town for my son's eye appointment, so we can swing by the post-office. I was folding this morning getting them all packed up. My design wall looks empty now!

Other than the BOOM I haven't done much sewing in the past few weeks. We leave for my Mom & Dad's on Sunday. They have a home on the Washington Coast where is cool! We escape there for several weeks every summer to get out of the California heat. Last year, of course, was the exception. We'll be gone atleast 3 weeks!

When we were in the RV at the Redwoods, I purchases a small basket weaving kit at the visitors center. It was super fun to sit outside at the RV park in my chair and weave. So I started thinking of other hand-things I could do while we were one the road. I decided to pick up a few crochet projects. Yarn is easy to stuff in a bag and crochet is nice and repetitive which makes it a great thing to do with your hands while you are just enjoying hanging outside. I started with some scrunchies and a small hand-bag. I found a poncho pattern which will take longer for our southwest trip this fall. That will be fun to work on in various beautiful places!

Good luck on your move Janice. My sister just announced she and her husband are moving too! They will be empty nesters in another year and are ready for their next phase in life!

Last edited by kristijoy; 07-07-2021 at 06:34 AM.