View Single Post
Old 07-21-2021, 11:40 AM
Railroadersbrat

Default What to Do with This?

So, the friend that took me and my fiance to our vaccination appointment last week gave us some items from her father, who had passed away at the end of December from Covid. When we went through everything she had dropped off, we found these plaid shirts. My fiance, the 'always thinking of quilting, even when I'm not' blurted out that I should use them to make a quilt from them. After looking them over, I realized that would be a good idea, but now, I'm stuck.

My original thought was a scrappy Double Wedding Ring, but after handling the fabric, there's just not enough bias in them. I'm leaning towards an Irish Chain with a white background but wondered if anyone else is seeing a different pattern than me.

I'm also going to have to break these down carefully. Every one of them is short-sleeve so to get the most out of the fabric, I'm literally going to have to take a seam ripper to them.

Any thoughts?

The quilt is going to be for us, I asked the friend if she would like a memory quilt and she told me that she already has several quilts that she's keeping.
Attached Thumbnails sdf.jpg