Old 03-05-2010, 04:24 PM
NCfleur

Hello Quilting Friends:

I am very, very new to quilting so I admit this plan is ambitious! But someone I really love and admire has announced her retirement from the University where I work. She's leaving June 30th after working here 14 years. I know at least 2 experienced quilters on campus so I'm hoping I can get them involved in the project.

I've searched the board and seen some ideas for this type of project using log cabin but I'm not sure if I would like the way it comes out. Wouldn't that look kinda lopsided because the writing would only be on the lights so it could be seen? Does anyone have a picture of an autographed log cabin they could share?

The school colors are blue and gold (would translate as yellow fabric). I keep seeing blue and gold squares/9 patches with a white square in between for signing. I'm familiar with the log cabin and it does go together easy/quickly so maybe I'm just over thinking this.

I went as far as having people sign fabric squares at my wedding without any idea what I would do with them so I definitely need to have a plan before I launch this project.

Most important, it has to be EASY for a newbie like me and go together fairly quickly as I work full time 50+ hours a week.

Would love some guidance on this.

thanks in advance. :-)