Old 07-25-2021, 01:23 PM
EmiliasNana

Default 3 quilts using pantographs on my Tiara sit-down

I've had these tops for a couple years and decided I needed to finish these tops before I started another project.
I love my sit-down Tiara and it is the only option for my small sewing room. However, I seem to tend towards dense quilting when I do custom and didn't want that for these lap and baby quilts. On the beige Woolies flannel lap quilt I was able to use my light box and a purchased pantograph, and traced the pattern directly on the flannel backing with Crayola Ultra-clean markers. I then proceeded to quilt from the back. On the two baby quilts that had already been sandwiched, I traced the pantograph on Golden Thread paper and pinned it on the front. It is a "pain" to rip the paper off but I found out that the eraser end of a Frixion pen works wonderfully to grab the paper and especially remove it from the tighter designs.
My next projects are part of a slew of gifts we are bringing to our two grandsons in Washington state, whom we haven't seen since Christmas 2019 due to the pandemic. The youngest we have never seen in person and he will be one year old in August, before we arrive. I'm making a soft Richard Scary book for the one yr. old and pillowcases with ocean life, as the 3 yr. olds favorite activity is going to Bracket's Landing at low tide to see them up close.
flannel-lap-quilt-resized.jpgrocket-resized.jpgrocket-back-resized.jpgwhale-quilt-resized.jpgwhale-back-toy-resized.jpg

Last edited by EmiliasNana; 07-25-2021 at 01:25 PM.