Thread: Remember these
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 07:09 PM
Iceblossom

Oh that was semi-exciting -- I did indeed win the auction. My original max bid was $20, but when I was at $14 I figured it would double and I was ok with that, but wouldn't go above $30. Turned out, the other person was only willing to go to $25, so I made it under budget at $27!

So how this works now is that we will have a pick-up day with assigned times -- that will be this weekend. My stuff was in boxes but I will come with a couple of plastic crates, we follow covid protocols, all the financial stuff is done on line, so you pull up to the house, show your paperwork, grab your stuff and then head back home.

I will of course take better pictures of the little beauty Singer and ask for help from OurWorkbench and the other vintage/antique people... and yes, Toogie will get a new set of grommet pliers, maybe padded in some of the trims and such from the other boxes of stuff. I'm looking forward to digging into the thread, that looked like some of those nice net bags and such.

As Tom Petty sang, the waiting is the hardest part but I'm really excited to meet the Singer!