View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 03:19 AM
WMUTeach

I have from time to time requested the use of the ping pong table at my church, but that was pre-COVID. When we used to have craft days, I would save up my quilts to be layered and take over two banquet tables and layer away. My quilting group met at a library and on our monthly "work day" many of us would layer, but the those have disappeared since COVID too. I don't have space on a table either and crawling about on the floor is not a good option for old knees. I can layer a baby sized quilt on my quilt wall but much bigger than that is not very efficient. So, suggested solution is to think creatively of a place that has a large surface you could use for an hour: church, community hall, library, school, senior center and so forth.

Ironing .... The wrinkles left behind when the top "puddles" around the ironing board can be smoothed out when your layer. When I finish a top, I iron and then fold the top in quarters and hang in a closet with a pants hangers, the ones with the clips. Then they can hang for months and not get wrinkled again. Ta-Da! Ready to go when I am ready to layer. I even hang the backing in the same way and sometimes even the binding on the same hanger.