View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 03:00 AM
bearisgray
Power Poster

Default Selling Fabric and Sewing Supplies

I am not offering anything for sale on this forum - but I am asking for opinions about some things.

I have some pieces of fabric that are uneven on the ends.

Do you prefer a nice straight cut - like one gets from the store - or would you prefer to get the "extra" - with an uneven edge - assuming you would get charged the same either way?

Fabrics do fold and stack more neatly with even edges.

I would indicate whether or not a piece of fabric has been washed. I think many people (of those what wash before cutting) would wash whatever again when they get it home, (I probably would, because I know what I do when I soak/wash - not so sure about other people's methods.)

Would you be willing to buy scraps? Maybe priced by the pound?

Would you consider picking out of bins/totes and putting it in plastic bags and weighed?

Or would you prefer to have it "prepackaged" and sold by the pound?

I was at a show where scraps were sold in brown paper bags by color. I passedl.

Would you buy charm squares that had straight edges instead of pinked edges?

I cut consistently - but my 5 inch squares would be a couple of threads bigger than an "exact" 5 inch square because of how I cut.

Do you prefer to buy by the yard or by the piece? I have a lot of pieces more than three yards in length. If you got a discount for buying the whole piece, would that make it more attractive to you/

If I had a fabric sale, I think I would like to make appointments - I have a lot of stuff - not so much space, Would you consider "shopping" that way?

I have - very reluctantly - come to the conclusion that I will probably not get around to doing anything with all the fabrics and tools I have accumulated.

And a couple of my kids have made it quite clear that they would prefer to not have to deal with all that "stuff"!

I would like to recover some of what I have spent over the years!

Last edited by bearisgray; 08-15-2021 at 03:04 AM.