View Single Post
Old 08-20-2021, 04:17 AM
Iceblossom

I did more in the sewing room yesterday! First off, I took down the curtain rod and put up the bamboo screen to filter the light. Before I sat at right angles to the window, now I'm looking out due west and the evening sun is blinding! Good thing I mostly sew in the mornings, I still might need to put up a big piece of cardboard over the window if I am intent on sewing at sunset.

Then I moved the desk from the wall where it was at to the wall where it will be. That meant clearing off the desk and detaching the stereo components. Neither of which was too hard. The desk is Brandt Ranch Oak and heavy, had to pull the drawers out and I could handle two of the full drawers but needed hubby for the third.

But all the boxes of fabric which had been moved back into the sewing room had to be moved to the center of the room, and then moved to the wall where the desk was. In the final round, the piano currently in family/computer room will go to that wall.

In big news -- I opened the closet! Now that I've gotten to it, it isn't that huge a deal. Yes, there is mostly sleeping bags and a bed frame. Maybe 6 boxes on the floor that I have no idea of what is in them, I think things from my son's childhood.

That was enough for yesterday, and today too. I was so stiff this morning could barely get out of bed, but I'm drinking my coffee and loosening back up.