View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 09:38 PM
Grandma’sgirl

I spent the last two weeks organizing my sewing fabrics and my sewing desk. It was a monster of a job. But as I worked little by little, it worked out. I could hardly believe it as I got EVERYTHING into it’s place. I was not expecting my older sister to fly in. I haven’t seen her since the pandemic started. Well, she was unexpectedly interested in joining me in the quilt making. Within ten minutes I had ALL her supplies ready; a sewing machine, bobbins, threads, rotary cutters, scissors, wool pressing mat, cutting mat, needles, rulers, and fabrics….. and she has spent the day sewing and cutting, pressing and planning. I am beyond thrilled that I had everything so well organized! She and my mom are helping me to make a quilt for another sister, as well as a few others. It has been so gratifying. I am just so thankful. Thanks for all your good ideas on the organizing front. It helped keep me on track.

‘’I don’t have shelving for my fabric stash. Since I live very rurally and the fabric store is a few hours away, that stash is important. I finally came up with the idea of using suitcases. The suitcases are organized by colors, a few colors per case. Then I can store them under the bed, etc. it is working for me. Just another idea that I wanted to share in case someone else can use it. Happy sewing!