View Single Post
Old 08-23-2021, 07:09 AM
Iceblossom

We got a lot done this weekend, most of it not in the sewing room but it is all related. We got the wall mount TV mounted on the wall! Seems like a small thing but it's our first upgrade to this technology level. Our other flat screen is not wall mounted.

My goal for today is to reconnect the stereo connections. Shouldn't be that hard a thing to do The nice sturdy easy to work with stand that they are now on was in the sewing room a week ago.

I need to find a better solution to my vinyl album storage. We're dealing with somewhere close to 1k? albums and they are heavy and being on the concrete in the converted garage/family room was not good. (When I bought the house the room was carpeted, due to my allergies we had to remove it.) The entire old flimsy entertainment center had to be emptied. The old "no def fat screen" that still has a great picture and works just fine went to the Goodwill. The entertainment center then got moved about a foot so the new shelves could fit in the corner. It was enough space that the albums that didn't fit before fit now.

I have an idea to build a stand that should be fairly easy, I'm hoping to go to my RE-PC store and find some of the old CRT computer monitor risers, back before we had flat screens they were to bring the screens up to more ergonomic level. There used to be bins and bins and bins of them... I think they've large been dispersed by now but those things can take a ton of weight if I can find about 8-10 of them that are the same, they will be the base for some simple cubes about 14" square (albums are just over 12", most common cubes finish 12" on the inside if not the outside too).
Attached Thumbnails old-tv.jpg   100_6184.jpg